Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Waiting on the world to change

ooooooooooh wow. I am finally in new Zealand! My last few days in St Kilda were good. went to the queen vic markets and bought some nifty giftys for my familia. Yes I left it until the last day! That night I met up with Gill from village cafe (and we played bball together at nepean), we just went to apartment 29 and it was good, pretty chill and 3$ beers, you can't go wrong!
The next day I got a chance to finish my kite boarding lesson. My instructor was this french guy named Vincent. He was so mean! At first he was really encouraging and was saying he'd never seen a girl pick up kiteboarding so fast and that i was really good and stuff. then i kept crashing the kite when i was body-dragging and he just got really frustrated iwth me and was saying i dont understand what you are doing wrong, you were so good before. but the thing with body dragging is that you can't see what you are doing at all because you are being dragged through the water face first. Anyway he pissed me off and so luckily i was able to switch instructors. I was with Timo and he was lovely. Just really nice and patient. Unfortunately the wind died down after my second lesson so i couldnt finish my certification. That was sad. But I can do it at some point in New Zealand. And to be honest i like wakeboarding a lot better, and kite boarding is a massively expensive sport!
Our last night, Rocko and I decided to get some passion pop and go out in st kilda. We finally met some Aussie's who took us to a party for some girl's 21st birthday, random, but fun! then we went to a bottle shop/bar and met some more aussie's. One guy bought me a drink and about 10 minutes later i felt the whole room was spinning and i felt just awful, I had never felt anything like it before. and we really hadn't had a lot to drink, it was only 11pm! So I freaked out and ran back to my hostel which was around the corner. I lay down and woke up at 930am. I was so ill, I was sick like every few minutes. I had to pack my bags and go to the airport. it was just awful. Rocko came with me on the tram and I was just bawling and being sick into a bag the whole time. It was ridiculous. I then went to the airport, checked in, was sick some more and fell asleep at the gate until I needed to check in. I swear I must have been drugged, I will never let anyone buy me a drink again!
I arrived in New Zealand last night late, and now I am staying at a pretty cool hostel.
Love!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Hannah, I did not like that last story at all. You're making me nervous!

    ReplyDelete