Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Conflicted, inhale, now addicted, to this place

The night before last we just chilled out and watched New Moon. I love Jacob, he is amazing. Unfortunately, the books are way way better than the movies...but i still enjoy the movies. also watched some of stepbrothers...such a ridiculous movie.
Yesterday was such a good day!
Walked downtown to try and return my iPod and they actually took it back! Yay! But they didn't take the case since it was open already, so i now have a 15$ useless case, but oh well. im so happy they let me return the iPod.
Then, we got the train to freemantle (or Freo, as the locals call it). Its a lot like the Glebe. Really old-school buildings though, like european looking. As the train pulled up the town looked awful, just all horrible old buildings with broken windows and graffiti everywhere. But past that bit the town was so cute. We went to the fruit market and tourist market. i actually feared for my life a bit because there were sketch looking people everywhere. hand on the zipper of my purse at all times...hate carrying cash around, but i have to when i have no credit card. i got the best plum of my life at the market, and some other fruit i haven't tried yet.
Then, Rocko and I went to a cute little Lolly shop and got some honeycomb, natch. Tried it without chocolate coating this time. so much better! I love honeycomb with all my heart.
Went to a famous coffee place called Gina's. I had a really nice flat white coffee and Rocko had a mocha latte. We walked around some more and did some shopping. I got shoes, a sweater, heaps of jewelery for cheap at Diva and some other stuff. definitely spent almost all the iPod money...oops!
Lastly, we went to Little Creatures microbrewery. It was such a nice place. its a fully functional brewery and you can see the men working at the machines while you eat and drink. so cool. i got a pale ale and rocko got their cider and we split a huge bucket of frites with garlic aioli and tomato sauce. the fries were so good, they were crispy and still had potato skin on them. Fantastic. After that we walked around the pier and then got groceries from Cole's.
We took the train back to Perth and then walked back to Uni. The girls were keen to go out but we were so tired. A bunch of their friends came in for a room party, but the Resident Adviser (RA) kicked them out after an hour or so, which i was a bit grateful for... we watched Take the lead once they left. I love watching movies. I feel so normal when we are here, I love it. I don't feel like a scruffy backpacker! although this man at Gina's was like oh are you girls backpacking, which annoyed me, because we were dressed nicely and had purses...but then i realized i was wearing stained red trainers (from the west coast dirt), and also having a ridiculous tan makes you an obvious traveler, since aussies are all so pasty.
Leaving for Melbourne tomorrow, should be good. Can't wait to rent a car for Great Ocean road and camp on the beach. We ended up missing out on Margaret River since there were no cars anywhere...so annoying, but what can you do?
Love!

2 comments:

  1. Remember when they had a Diva at Carlingwood? Man, I miss that place. I still have some accessories I bought there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya Diva can be wildly cheap or expensive based on the season. Luuurve it!

    ReplyDelete