Search This Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chillin even if I'm in a goose down coat

Its my last day in Perth, leaving to go to Melbourne tonight. Should be good, except that our flight arrives in Melbourne at 330am, so another night will be spent sleeping in an airport. Fun.
Yesterday was another lovely day, perfect weather as per usual. Walked downtown from uni and then to Northbridge (aka Chinatown, or downtown China as some call it). We found Peter Pan's travel agency where we get 1/2 hr of free internet so we stayed there for awhile and Rocko was writing a crazy long email so I went for a walk by myself to find a grocery store. I found Coles, which was a weird one because it was under an apartment building. I just saw the Coles signage from like 3 blocks away because it was written on the top of the building. Luckily it wasn't just an advert! I definitely feared for my life on my walk because there were broken down buildings everywhere and homeless shelters and just sketch people everywhere. But it was ok, I just made myself look like a retarded person and did lunges as I walked so no on would bother me.
Rocko and I met up with Alice, Chelsea and Fran so that Alice could get her tragus pierced and Chelsea could get her belly button pierced. It went down uneventfully, except a huge group of aboriginal girls came in and tried to pretend one of them was the mother of the other so they could get piercings (you have to be over 16) and it got heated because it was obvious no one had any identification .
After that, we walked to Harbour Street Mall, which was an outlet mall. We got there at 3ish and didn't realize it closed at 5. I found a really nice jumpsuit at Just Jeans, but I literally have no room in my bag. It takes me like 8 hours to pack everything in my tiny bag. Such a mistake to get a small bag, I regret it every single time I move. However, it is a really cute bag... and its carry-on size. sigh. So I can't buy anymore. Plus I will need winter clothes for New Zealand, as I have only beachy clothes right now. Fantastic (pronounced fintistic). I also found really cute dresses, but resisted.
After shopping we went to Subiaco and ate at this awesome burger place called Jus Burger. It reminded me a lot of the Works, maybe a bit more upscale and they had roo burgers. We got onion rings to start and I had a burger with bacon, avocado, blue cheese and balsamic onions. My burger arrived with no avocado so I asked for some and they upgraded my burger to a meal with fries, chutney and coleslaw. It was so good, but I have been full ever since. Best. Dietitian. Ever.
We meant to get off the train after one stop to visit Alice and Fran's uni friends, but we were all so tired we missed it. Watched wedding crashers last night and we decided we would all wake up at 7 to go to the gym and do Body Pump. However, I woke up at 7 and no one else did. I waited for a bit and went back to bed. Slept in until 1030! Defintely a personal best. I had already put away my bed so I just slept on the floor, I must have been really tired! Fran got us muffins from the caf and we had iced coffees. So good! I will be very sad to leave tonight.
Now, Rocko and I are going to walk to King's Park and probably sleep at a random round-about 5 minutes from the park like we did last time...
Love!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, downtown China! I am joyously picturing you lunge-ing your way down the street. And I don't think I want to know what a tragus is, or why one would want it pierced. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. erm its that bit on the side of your face that is like a flap protecting your ear drum or something. Rachel has it done...

    ReplyDelete