Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Lets be more than this

Oh my gosh, 29 days. Thats not ok! I'm not ready to leave at all. Not even a little bit.
The rest of my trip up North was awesome. It was pouring with rain on Thursday when I was driving to Tauranga, and Brian was busy so we just hung out for a little bit. Got some fish and chips and a deep fried Moro bar. Kind of like a mars bar but a bit more Aero-like inside. Filthy but delish. I drove to Rotorua from there. The city that smells like sulphur because of all the thermal pools. I stayed at a really nice hostel called Astray, tiny rooms but proper massive, comfy mattresses. I had some time before it got dark, yay for daylight savings, so I went for a walk to Kiurnan Park where there was a free geothermal park. The last geyser (spray of mud) was in 2003 so I figured I was pretty safe. It was pretty cool, had some free hot pools but they were a bit dirty looking.
Got up early the next day, hoping to do some mountain biking, but the company wasn't answering their phone and it was still raining, so I decided to just drive to Wellington. The roads past Taupo were flippen insanely flooded! I'd never driven on flooded roads before, it was crazy.
Also, the tax prises rose 2.5% so since everything has tax already included prices went up a lot. Unfortunately, they rose by 10% rather than 2.5%. What the heck people? Do your math properly! I was gutted that I didn't fill up the tank the night before. But then in Taupo I went to the cheapest gas station in all of NZ and their prices were lower than when I drove up. $1.64/L. Literally cheapest ever. So then I was happy. The same company of gas station 2 blocks down was $1.81/L. I don't understand, but I like it.
It got really sunny and lovely in the afternoon so I stopped at Foxton beach for a run. The beach was also a road!
I decided to take the backroads to Upper Hutt as suggested by Googlemaps, Akatarawa Hill Road or highway 58. Wow, that was a mistake. I thought for a moment I was on a one-way road (going the wrong direction) but due top signposts on both sides I realized I had a found the most dangerous one way highway in the world. Literally this hill was insanely steep and super curvy, I was so scared of running into anotehr car, there were no shoulders, just forest (or cliff face) and mountain. I came across a few others, but luckily we were JUST able to squeeze by. I prayed like crazy the whole time! My car is a beast!
Got home late afternoon and went to Kirsten and Lauren's to bake cookies and watch some Flight of the Conchords.
Saturday morning Katie and I went for a run up Canon Point and then into town for coffees and some shopping. The new second hand shop is awesome I got a dress and a cute skirt for 22.50$! Bargain. That evening I went to see Kids of 88 as well as Naked and Famous. Sadly we had to go to the All Ages show which was at 5pm! But, it was so worth it, Kids of 88 were amazing and we got to meet them after. They were such sweethearts. Kirsten and I went out for Turkish food after the show. Really yum.
After church on Sunday, since it was another sunny day (yay spring!), we went to the beach for a BBQ and a game of football (our soccer). It was great.
Monday was my first training session with Katie, she kicked my but and then we went for a short run and ran into Kelly and her adorable little puppy! We went for a coffee at McCaf and to the second hand shop again... Monday night I went to Jade and Tracey's for an awesome dinner and then watched a netball game in Petone. Such a weird game, I can't handle it. Tried Goody Goody Gumdrops ice cream. So good.
Today the plan is to run Canon Point with Katie again and then pick up some Glee episodes from Cherie later, fun!
LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing all your new cloths (not a typo) when you get home! And you'll actually have room to fit them in your dresser drawers, imagine that. I may even have time to attack your closet before you return...

    ReplyDelete