Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

When she swings, shes a heavy hitter

Auckland. I hate it here. Also, I'm in a foul mood. I am not ready to go home at all. I keep telling myself at least I'm leaving on a good note. Which is true, but it doesn't make me feel THAT much better.
This week was great. Monday night was pretty laid back, just watched some Friends episodes with Katie. Tuesday I ran Canon Point, just for something different... Spent the day trying to sort through my clothes and pack a little bit. Did some housework too. That night I went to Mama T's for delish burgers. I love a good kiwi burger, they put a fried egg on it, and beetroot and pineapple. YUM!
Wednesday I trained with Katie, she kicked my ass as usual! So much tricep work! Loved it. That night I met Michelle for dinner at Subway, the new Moroccan Chicken sub is actually quite yum. We saw Eat, Pray, Love at the Ascot. I thought it was awesome! I actually am dying to read the book now. Its funny because Mimi told me to read the book like 2 or 3 years ago! And Rosa told me to read it a few months ago. I looked in a few bookstores, but it was always 30-40$, so I'll wait and get it used at home somewhere.
Thursday I went for coffee and lunch in town, I mean Upper Hutt, with Katie. We went to Fresh Bun and I got custard slice, chicken-cranberry-avo sandwich and a trim flat white with cinnamon. SO good. Its for the best that Katie and Josh only discovered it recently! I could have spent a loooot of time there. Thursday night I went to Jade and Tracey's for a delish dinner of caramelized bananas and bacon, another kiwi classic!
Friday morning brought another intense workout with my favourite trainer! I actually was dying at the end. I squatted/lunged my life away. Walked to the train station after. Was rocking my new skinny jeans. I thought I looked pretty damn hot until I got to the train station and realized I had left the long sticker on and it was all down my leg. So flash! I felt like a bit of a tool...
Met up with Cherie and Kirsten for lunch. I loooved Sushi Pen, cheap fresh and delish.
Kirsten and I did some shopping, i got a pair of cute sandals which I won't be wearing until like July. Dirty Ottawa winter here I come... I finally made it to the Wellington Botanic Gardens, and on my Mom's birthday! It was huuuuge. Not heaps of flowers, but a decent amount. I walked back to the city centre through the gardens it took like half an hour. Jade finished tech early and met me in town. I bought another new pair of shoes, Nike high tops! I actually love them so much. Kind of am an idiot for buying so much new stuff this week, I will have to throw out everything I don't absolutely love in the airport. We went for coffee and then met up with Tracey at Kirk's. I found a cool red lipstick at MAC, but I can't remember the name now!
Had an awesome dinner with Josh and Katie at Satay Village, my first taste of Malaysian cuisine.
We got a movie "New York, I love you" and some wine and treats and went back to the flat.
Jess and Jason came over with their puppy, Nellie, for a little while. The movie was complete crap, we turned it off after a half hour or so. It was filthy! We had heaps of homemade treats that Katie made. So yum! She helped me pack, I anticipated not being able to take my large suitcase on the bus, so I put the stuff I didn't care as much about in it. Went to bed at midnight with my alarm set for 6am. Yuck. Katie gave me Edmond's cookbook, I'm so stoked!!
Woke up and got ready to go. Josh got us some flat whites from McCafe. We got to the train station way too early and it was freezing cold! Jade, Josiah, Lauren and Kirsten came to the train station to see me off! So sweet and they got me some gifts and cards! The driver took my stuff, it was no worries! He said 50% of the luggage should have been turned away but he didn't care! Of course, I cried as I left. Such a dork. 11 hour bus ride was rubbish, but my Ipod was fully charged so I was all good. In Auckland, I was dropped off at Sky city centre, I tried to walk with my bags but had so much trouble I just made it one block to a hostel. Surf n Snow. It was way more expensive than all the other hostels I researched, but I had no other choice. Its only 2 nights anyway. My room was full and SO hot. The traffic was wildly noisy though. Went for a short walk and then to bed. I couldn't sleep so I watched a 3 hr movie. Funny but pretty inappropriate.
This morning I went out for a trim flat white with cinnamon, yum! Now I'm just at the libs for free interweb. My plan for the afternoon is to go to the beach one last time! Dumb that Halloween is no big deal here. Happy Halloween anyway!!!!!!!
LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment